Minutes of the Parish Council 14 November 2019

Stoke Trister with Bayford Parish Council

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 14 November 2019 

in Bayford Village Hall at 7.30pm

Public Forum:

There was no public forum.

Present: Cllrs: N Linsley (Chairman) M Grant (Vice Chairman) J Macfarlane, M Summerfield, J McKenna and J Garrett.C/C Anna Groskop and D/C Robin Bastable

Clerk in attendance: Mrs P Gillman

Public: None

45. Apologies – Cllr R Webb-Bowen

46. Declarations of Interest – None

47. Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings of 11 July and 19 September and Planning Meetings of 11 October 2019.

A resolution is sought to approve and sign the minutes as a true record.

Proposed: Cllr Macfarlane Seconded: Cllr Garrett

48. Financial Matters

a. Statement of Account and bank reconciliation

b. Bank Balances to 31 October 2019. 

A resolution is sought to accept the financial statement as at 31 October 2019. Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Current A/c £9626.80; Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Reserve A/c £8351.08; Leigh Common Savings A/c £5103.80.

c. A resolution is sought to sign the following cheques

Cheque No: 000482 Training Travel expenses  20.03

Cheque No: 000483 Clerk salary, expenses and council expenses             553.84

Proposed: Cllr Garrett Seconded: Cllr Grant

49. Planning Matters

a. New Planning Matters

Planning Application No: 19/02457/HOU

Applicant: Mr & Mrs Andrews

Location: Park Farmhouse, Beech Lane, Stoke Trister. BA9 9PQ

Proposal: The erection of an oak framed detached garage building incorporating home officer and ancillary accommodation.- 

  1. It is unclear from the map exactly where the building would be situated.
  2. The most sensible positioning would be if the old stables were demolished and the new building sited there.
  3. Please clarify if this is the case, if so, we have no objection to the application.
  4. One query would be have they obtained planning permission for the new stables in situ at the moment.

NB. Mrs Andrews contacted the Chairman to state she would be away on holiday at the time of the meeting.

Planning Application No: 19/02369/FUL

Applicant: Mr Simon Minney

Location: Riding Gate House, Riding Gate, Wincanton. BA9 8NQ

  1. Proposal: Conversion of an existing outbuilding to an annex/holiday let.- On principle restoring this building there are no objections. It is a positive approach to restore and old building.
  2. One comment we wish to make is that the existing pantiles be used rather than the tiles on the application. This would maintain the character of an old building.
  3. When we reviewed the planning Application No: 19/00448/HOU we requested that the mobile home should be removed.
  4. We note that that there is now a substantial wood cladded building in place now. Has planning permission been granted for this? 
  5. Will this also be used for a holiday let?
  6. Will planning permission be required for change of use for both of these buildings for holiday lets?

b. Outcome of planning matters already considered:

Planning Application No: 19/01322/S73

Applicant: Hopkins Estates

Location:  Land OS 3969 Part Devenish Lane, Bayford, Wincanton.

Proposal:  Application to vary condition 2 (approved plans) of planning approval 18/03272/FUL (amendment of roof material) – There were no objections to the change of roofing material. However, we would like to see the Planning Officers consultation with Wessex Water concerning the high pressure pipes underground. – Application permitted.

Planning Application No: 19/01284/REM 

Applicant: Mr. Shaun Paul 

Location: Land adjacent to Highbrook, Devenish Lane. 

Proposal: Application of reserved matters following approval of 18/02145/OUT for the erection of a two storey detached dwelling to include access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale – No further information.

Planning Application No:  19/01778/FUL

Applicant: Mrs J Calderwood

Location:  Land rear of 2 Cambria Villas Devenish Lane Bayford Wincanton. BA9 9NG

Proposal:  The erection of a new single storey dwelling and the formation of a new vehicular access off Bayford Hill – re-submission

Planning Application No: 19/00373/FUL

Applicant: Mr & Mrs Garrett

Location:  Highcroft, Bayford Lane, Stoke Trister, Wincanton. BA9 9PG

Proposal:  Erection of a new dwelling. – No further information.

Planning Application No: 19/00258/OUT

Applicant: Mr M and Miss F Haskett and Thornton

Location:  Land at Church Farm, Stoke Trister, Wincanton BA9 9PG

Proposal:  Outline application with all matters reserved for the redevelopment of Church Farm buildings and bungalow and erection of 2 dwellings. – No further information.

Applicant: Mr Chris Bellars

Location: Land at Sycamore Farm, Stoke Trister, Wincanton.

Proposal: The conversion of existing domestic storage building into a single dwelling and the erection of a car port. – Application permitted.

Chairman handed out papers for Councillors comments regarding the planning departments non-acceptance of our decisions. The Chairman and Vice Chairman will meet with Simon Fox for discussions on this issue. It was agreed to invite Henry Hobhouse and Alex Parmley to the meeting.

50. Highways

Cllrs Summerfield and McKenna had a very informative meeting with Gary Warren. Gary Warren recommended the Gateway signs to be set in Bayford as they were extremely effective with drive slowly signs in Riding Gate. Chairman requested that they provided costings for supply and installation. It was agreed that the Clerk write to Tim Cook requesting a donation towards the cost. It was also agreed to put information in the Newsletter including any donation.

51. Footpaths

Cllr Grant reported issues with the footpaths across to Mr Perrett’s land. Repair work and clearing needs to be done. Mr Perrettt needs to clear the land but if this is not done and SSDC needs to be called in to do it Mr Perrett will be issued with the account for the work.

52. Riding Gate and East View

Clerk continues to contact Sam Fox on a regular basis but no further information has been given on both of these issues. Cllr Bastable was having a meeting with Sam Fox to discuss both issues. Cllr Summerfield reported that there were still many vehicles at the Riding Gate fields.

53. Defibrillator

Cllr McKenna had been speaking with a lady at South Somerset Ambulance. After a long discussion with the Councillors there were many more questions to be answered. Cllr McKenna agreed to speak with her again to clarify all questions.

54. Clerk Appraisal

Chairman conducted a successful appraisal with the Clerk.

55. Unicorn Inn

The Unicorn Inn appears to be closed except for special occasions according to the blackboard notice on the entrance door.

56. Precept

The Precept was unanimously agreed by all Councillors. Clerk to check on the Community Council to see if it is still necessary to belong to. 

57. Online Banking

It was agreed that the Chairman would check online to be able to begin and access Online Banking.

Proposed: Cllr Summerfield Seconded: Cllr Macfarlane

58. Leigh Common

Clerk read out brief outline of how we obtained ownership of part of Leigh Common.

59. Date of Next Meeting 

9 January 2020

Meeting closed at 9.09pm