Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council 13 January 2022

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on

Thursday 13 January 2022 at 7.30pm in Bayford Hall

Public Forum

No members of the public attended.


Cllrs: N Linsley (Chairman) (M Grant (Vice Chairman), R Webb-Bowen, J Garrett, and L Rose-Walker. D/Councillor R Bastable

1.Apologies – C/Councillor A Groskop

2. Declarations of Interest – None

3.Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 11 November 2021.

It was resolved to approve and sign the minutes as a true record

Proposed Cllr Rose-Walker                                   Seconded Cllr Grant

4.Planning Matters

a New Planning Matters

There were no new planning matters.

b Outcome of plannig matters already considered

There were no further outcomes.

5. Highways

Cllr Grant had contacted Gary Warren regarding the purchase of a SID. Gary Warren suggested it may be possible to share the cost and use of the SID with Charlton Musgrove. Although the Clerk had asked Charlton Musgrove previously to share and they refused. Cllr Bastable said he would speak about it at the next Charlton Musgrove meeting. Training will be given on how to use the SID and how to obtain the data from it.

On the dangers of driving out of Love Lane Gary Warren suggested painting the road by the lane to help with the visual exiting.

Clerk to contact Fly Tipping to report the rubbish along Beech Lane.

6 Footpaths

Cllr Garrett sent her report to all Councillors and is now filed with the minutes.

7 Financial Matters

a Statement of Account and Bank Reconciliation

b Bank Balances to 31 December 2021

A resolution is sought to accept the financial statement as at 31 December 2021. Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Current A/C £23,160.86 Stoke Trister&Bayford PC Reserve A/C £9136.75 Leigh Common Savings A/C £5106.55

c A resolution is sought to agree the following payments.

BAC’sClerk Salary, expenses & council expenses.          592.07
BAC’sSALC          25.00
Cheque 000501British Legion Wreath          21.00
BAC’sMrs Garrett Xmas lights and batteries.          75.47
BAC’sSuperplants Xmas tree        162.00
BAC’sMrs Linsley refreshments for Carol Singing.          91.55
BAC’sICO          35.00

Proposed: Cllr Garrett                        Seconded: Cllr Grant

The Chairman discussed a training session she had attended. The internal audit now has extra legislations needed. Chairman suggested having a letter to the Parish Council as a totality of the internal audit. Chairman to contact Brian Williams who has done the internal audit for many years to ask just what needed to be done.

Chairman to contact Mr Light to repair the Notice Board at the triangle in Stoke Trister village.

8.Riding Gate, East View & Sunnyhill Farm

Heather Nesbitt is dealing with all the above cases.


No further information

10.Risk Assessment

Cllr Webb-Bowen asked the Clerk to send his draft copy of the Risk Assessment to all Councillors so they could send comments and views on Management.

11. Street Party for 2022

Chairman had spoken with various parishioners to see how interested villagers would be to a Street Party. Cllr Rose-Walker will continue to organise the party.

12. Flowers

Chairman discussed with the Councillors about sending some flowers to Eldryd Parsons widow Maureen. It was unanimously agreed to go ahead with this.

13. Rubbish Bin

It has been requested by a parishioner that we have another rubbish bin at the bottom of Devenish Lane. Clerk to check on sizes and prices then send to all Councillors for a decision.  

14. Opening up Safely

It was discussed about the 3rd tranche available for opening up safely. It was unanimously agreed to apply for it.

15. Precept

The Precept was signed and will be sent to SSDC.

16. Date of next meeting will be on Thursday 10 March 2022

Meeting closed at 9.07pm

………………………………………………….             ………………………

Chairman                                                                       Date