Minutes of the Annual Meetting of the Parish Council 10 May 2018

Stoke Trister with Bayford Parish Council

Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Parish 

Council held on 10 May 2018 in 

Bayford Village Hall at 7.30pm

Public Forum:

The Chairman read a letter from Mr & Mrs Garton re a donation of £50 towards a book they are compiling on Bayford. It was agreed to allow the £50 on completion of the book.

Present: Cllrs: E Parsons (Chairman) N Linsley, J Macfarlane, M Grant and A Smith. C/Councillor A Groskop
Public: Mr Osborne

Clerk in attendance: Mrs P Gillman

1. Apologies – T MacCaw and I Andrews

2. Declarations of Interest – None

3. Election of Officers

Chairman E Parsons

Vice Chairman T MacCaw

Highways A Smith

Footpaths M Grant

Beech Lane A Smith

Tree Officer N Linsley

Website B Giles

Proposed N Linsley – Seconded M Grant


4. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 8 March 2018 

It was resolved to approve and sign the minutes as a true record

Proposed: A Smith Seconded: J Macfarlane

5. Financial Matters

  1. a. Statement of Account and bank reconciliation
  2. Bank Balances 31 March 2018. A resolution is sought to accept the financial statement as at 31 March 2018. Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Current A/c £2296.37; Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Reserve A/c £7585.77; Leigh Common Savings A/c £5099.32.
  3. A resolution is sought to sign the following cheques 

Cheque No: 000445 Somerset & Dorset Air Ambulance 175.00 

Cheque No: 000446 PCC Churchyard Donation 500.00 

Cheque No: 000447 PCC Newsletter Donation   50.00

Cheque No: 000448 Came & Company (Insurance) 285.60

Cheque No: 000449 Payman   48.00

Cheque No: 000450 Pinnacle Accountancy 108.00

Cheque No: 000451 Clerks’ salary & expenses & Council expenses 518.71

Proposed: Cllr Parsons Seconded: Cllr Smith

6. Planning Matters

There were no new planning matters

7. Correspondence

As there has been no response to the donation to the CAB the Clerk has been asked to write to them to ask for a copy of the Auditors Accounts.

8. Highways

Clerk to write to Chris Cooper in the attempt to stop the fly tipping by the underpass on the Stoke Trister lane by having a bollard put there.

9. Footpaths

Cllr Linsley reported on Mrs Durant’s letter re the footpath in Devenish Lane by the corner bungalow. Clerk to contact Lee Walton and Rob Coate to explain what has happened re the lost Footpath.

10. General Data Protection

After discussion and advice from C/Councillor Ann Groskop who stated that provided the Councillors were happy for me to have their information, which they were, and that they were happy to look after their own details we would have done what is needed for the new Data Protection.

11. Defibrillator

As Cllr Smith has been busy of late he has not had time to address the defibrillator issues, however he will get back to sorting it out very soon.

12. Selection of Day for Planning Meetings

Cllr Smith requested holding a monthly meeting, unfortunately this would not work with planning meetings. After a long discussion it was agreed to change the meeting to Wednesday mornings.

13. Audit

It was unanimously agreed to sign the Audit

14. Riding Gate

Clerk to contact Neil Waddleton again to see what is happening with the people at Riding Gate, also to contact Lee Walton re Sunny Hill Farm/Parks Campsite.

15. Date of Next Meeting 

12 July 2018

Meeting closed at 8.50pm

……………………………………………..                 …………………………………..